Visit my Website

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Terrific T-shirt Quilts


I just received my Terrific T-Shirt Quilts books, and just in time for March Madness!  When Karen asked if I would submit a quilt for this book, the logical choice for t-shirts was to raid my boy's basketball t-shirts.  We are Gonzaga Bulldog fans in our household; the boys have been going to the Gonzaga basketball camps since, well, since they were old enough to go, so I had plenty of shirts to choose from!  However, Zack was refusing to part this his Adam Morrison "Can't Stop the Stache" shirt but luckily my sister-in-law let me have hers!  Ross was a bit more generous and even let me cut up his t-shirt with the autographs on the back, which I fussy cut and put in the star centers, bottom right.  They swear one of those autographs belongs to Ronny Turiaf, a Zag favorite who went on to play for the LA Lakers, but who can read the signatures?  The boys figured out each signature from the year on the t-shirt and the jersey numbers he put with his name!

I added the shoe appliqué since I was reminiscing about the kid's basketball seasons of times past and of tripping over all the shoes that the boys discarded at the back door, usually with stinky, balled-up socks to accompany them!  Just FYI, the socks on the quilt are clean and scent-free!  It was very fun, and a great trip down memory lane to put this quilt together!  If you've never made a t-shirt quilt, which I hadn't, I would encourage you to join the fun! And while your stitching, you can even watch the Zags in their own 6 part series on HBO titled "Gonzaga, the March to Madness".  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. So appropriate and cute. Sorry I can't say go Zags. Its go Cougars this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is to be noted that the transfer paper used by professional tee shirt makers need to be applied with a commercial heat press. You are not able to iron these transfers on. black t shirts

    ReplyDelete