Visit my Website

Monday, June 5, 2017

Udder-ly Crazy

It has been a bit since I've sat down to blog, but with Quilt Market prep, it truly has been "Udder-ly Crazy" around here! I just received my latest book, "Udder-ly Crazy" from the printer so it's finally ready to ship!  I've gotten all of the pre-orders on their way so I finally have a bit of time to give you all a book preview and an update of what's been going on!  I've been hearing from many of you about the regret that my Buggy Barn book "Crazy til the Cows Come Home" is no longer in print so I've wanted to design a new cow block but wanted something a bit different....






So once I came up with this "All Stacked Up" idea, I was off to the races! 








The animals all have their own quilt, except for Bill the Goat! His was all planned but I ran out of time!  Maybe I can share at a later date!  







Here we have "Ewe are Loved





"Hen House" which is made from my latest fabric line, "Autumn Song".  Notice what a great border that the cheater fabric makes! 













And of course, there's "Udder-ly Crazy" which is made from a variety of my One Sister prints and plaids!











And there'a a new "Barn Star" quilt for all the critters    










In addition to farm animals, there are other fun quilts including "Country Nights" made from my "Folk Art Flannel" line so the center stars are fussy cut from the border fabric, or you can use the star block in this book to make your stars in your color way!








"Star Flower Baskets", with those cute baskets and fun stars, is made from a  variety of my One Sister prints and plaids











And I love the windmill, or whirligig block in the E-I-E-I-O quilt! If you are interested in a kit, just email me!  I have the fabric pulled but don't have them cut yet or up on my site. 











I was busy teaching in April; first I was off to Arizona with this lovely group of ladies and friends!  And what beautiful scenery!



















Then it was off to Salt Lake with a multitude of quilters all week long!  They, too, have beautiful scenery with those snow capped moutains!  I regret I don't have pictures from everywhere I went, but in the first picture below are a few of the girls from the Utah Valley Quilt Guild that were in class, and then the second picture is the group from Village Dry Goods where we were stitching in that lovely room with all of those fabulous windows!



While I was in Salt Lake, I got to stay with my friend Sandi who ran me all over and kept track of my schedule because I usually had it wrong!  Here is a picture of Sandi's churndash chemo quilt that we made for her using the block from "Crazy Favorite Things".  I just love this quilt, and love this friend!  Thanks to all of the groups that have invited me to teach!  I so enjoy my time teaching and getting together with quilters!


And then in May came Quilt Market, but I think I will save that for another day!! For now you can check out the new things from Market that I've added to my site!  I have been gone from the blog-o-sphere for a bit, but at least you've missed hearing me complain about our wet, cold spring!  It's amazing how wet it still is! There's still tons of standing water that has begun to smell, and that's my dog Murphy's favorite kind to play in!  But I'm so glad the warmer weather and spring flowers are finally here!  Here is a picture of one of my new favorite flowers- I just love this happy purple flower! Just thought I'd share! Enjoy the sunshine!  If you'd like to keep up with me on a more regular basis, be sure to follow me on Instagram #ones1ster

No comments:

Post a Comment